Friday, February 15, 2008

60 Things...

Alright, at the suggestion of master blogger Dawn from "Because I Said So" (see a link to her blog along the right side of the page), I'm going to give myself a "blogging freebie" and just answer sixty questions about myself for a post. Gets me off the hook from having to come up with something witty and wonderful, and gives you a little more insight into my twisted mind. See, we all win.

60 Things You Possibly Didn't Know About Me

1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?
Well, first of all, I drive a minivan, so there's a whole lotta back seat to cover! Let's see... where to start... An extra booster seat, the umbrella stroller for when Super Boy is too lazy to walk, an ice scraper, a huge golf umbrella, not one but TWO emergency blankets, a First Aid Kit, my ice skates, a sand bucket and shovel (why???), a spray can of Lysol (mm... love the germ-killing Lysol...), two plastic grocery bags, an old picnic blanket, at least a half dozen of Super Boy's small toys, one of Super Boy's dinosaur books (the child is obsessed), a half-full water bottle with the label torn off, at least two sets of markers, some scrap paper, a U.S. road atlas, and countless crumbs. Whew, that was exhausting! I think I need a nap...

2. When was the last time you threw up?
Oh, no... not that. Eewwwwww.... I think it was two years ago, but I can't say for sure. I'm a huge emetophobe, so I dread vomit and vomiting more than anything. Even thinking about it makes me want to vomit. Yuck. While I can't say for sure when I last puked, I can tell you that I took a direct hit to the hair and shirt in October when Super Boy came down with a stomach virus. NOT fun.

3. What's your favorite curse word?
Hands down it's "sonofabitch." I mutter it under my breath no fewer than six times a day, I swear.

4. Name 3 people who made you smile today?
Super Boy, Super Girl and a mom on my local moms' discussion board.

5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
"Reminding" (also known as "nagging") Super Boy (every two seconds) to hurry up and finish his breakfast so he could get dressed and brush his teeth before we were late for school.

6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Driving the Super Kids home from dinner.

7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now?
Mmmm... hopefully dreaming about Sawyer from LOST...

8. Have you ever been to a strip club?
Does working at one count? Just kidding, just kidding. :) Ah, no.

9. What is the last thing you said aloud?
"Can you help your brother get his jammies on, please?"

10. What is the best ice cream flavor?
Starbucks Mud Pie -- it's cellulite in a carton.

11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
At dinner I had a glass of pinot grigio and an ice water with lemon.

12. What are you wearing right now?
My favorite old Gap jeans, a green apple-colored cashmere V-neck sweater and an old t-shirt underneath.

13. What was the last thing you ate?
Hawaiian pizza and bruschetta.

14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
As a matter of fact, yes. I bought a super cute pink "be.loved." t-shirt from a local boutique. Wait... Did my husband tell you to ask me that??

15. When was the last time you ran?
HAHAHAHAAAA!! Oh, that's a good one. :) Probably 1997.

16. What's the last sporting event you watched?
We went to our local pro basketball team's game against Seattle a few weeks ago.

Hmm, there wasn't any #17, so I'll make up my own... 17. If you could go anywhere right now, where would you go?
Definitely somewhere warm where it doesn't snow. St. Martin, St. Bart's, Jamaica... Hawaii?

18. Who is the last person you emailed?
My lovely girlfriends.

19. Ever go camping?
Yes. Most of the time it's quite fun, but the last time I went SUCKED. We ended up in a hurricane-like thunderstorm in the middle of the night whilst camping on a sandbar in the middle of a major river. I was scared to death. Thank God the daytime weather was perfect because we were canoeing!

20. Do you have a tan?
Humph. I wish!

And where are numbers 21 through 23?

24. Do you drink your soda from a straw?
Nope - I'm a "straight from the can" kinda girl.

25. What did your last IM say?
Um, I don't IM. I'm soooo lame, I know.

26. Are you someone's best friend?
I think so.

27. What are you doing tomorrow?
Hopefully working out in the morning, showing Super Girl how to make something (it's top secret - it's something I plan to start selling on Etsy soon), baking some banana bread to use the bananas that have gone off, and then hitting a Hat Party tomorrow night for a bit. Then tackling my sexy Super Man when he finally gets home tomorrow night after being gone all week!

28. Where is your mom right now?
Probably either playing computer games or asleep on the couch at her house. I can guarantee my stepdad is already asleep in his recliner, 'cause it's after 9pm.

29. Look to your left, what do you see?
Super Boy lying down next to me on the couch.

30. What color is your watch?
Silver with tiny diamonds around the face. It was my beloved "parting gift" from my lovely work friends when I quit to be a SAHM.

31. What do you think of when you think of Australia?
Heath Ledger, sadly.

32. Would you consider plastic surgery?
I wish I could say no, but I can't. Would love a tummy tuck, lipo and a "breast augmentation." And maybe a nose job and face lift, too. Oh, bloody hell - can I just have a whole-body transplant?

33. What is your birthstone?
Garnet

34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit thedrive thru?
Usually drive-thru on the rare occasion we do fast-food. I can't stand how filthy some of the eat-in areas are.

35. How many kids do you want?
That's a really touchy question for me these days. When I was younger, I wanted four children. But then I met Super Man in my mid-20's, and he's eight years older than me and already had a child from his first marriage. So we compromised at having two of our own plus Super Girl for a total of three. Unfortunately, my body (or his?) has other plans, because we only have one child together right now (Super Boy), despite trying for nearly two years for another. It's really troubling me lately...

36. Do you have a dog?
Yes. Why, do you want her? Just kidding. We love you, Josie.

37. Last person you talked to on the phone?
Mmm, Super Man...

38. Have you met anyone famous?
Jay Leno (twice, and I have pictures with him from both times). I also attended the Hollywood movie premiere of "For Richer or Poorer" in '97 and met and got pictures with Tim Allen, Kirstie Alley, Wayne Knight, Richard Karn, Zachery Ty Bryan, and Taran Noah Smith, Debbe Dunning, Christopher McDonald and Daryl Mitchell.

39. Any plans today?
Yeah - going to bed.

40. How many states have you lived in?
Sadly, one. What I wouldn't give to move to sunny California...

41. Ever go to college?
Yes - I'm a UW-Madison girl.

42. Where are you right now?
Home

43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
The clutter in my house. And my lack of motivation to dispose of it!

44. Last song listened to?
Super Boy keeps singing the "Prince Ali" song from "Aladdin." I cannot get it out of my head...

No #45 either? Well, I'll make-up another then. 45. What are two things on your wish list?
A baby and a successful writing career.

46. Are you allergic to anything?
Shellfish (iodine), penicillin, codeine, sulfa meds, ibuprofen.

47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
In the winter, my light blue Keen Mary Jane's; summer my black Mary Jane Crocs.

48. Are you jealous of anyone?
I have been jealous of other people at certain times and for certain reasons, but right now - no.

OK, this is just annoying now - where's #49? That's it, I'm making up another! 49. If you could bring back any one person from the dead, who would it be?
While I miss my grandfather terribly at times, he lived a good, full life, so I would have to say my friend Peter, who was killed in a car accident when we were in college. He was one of the sweetest, kindest, most gentle people I ever knew, and he had ultimate faith in God, always. The world lost a great soul the day he was killed, but Heaven gained a true angel.

50. Is anyone jealous of you?
I couldn't say.

51. What time is it?
9:45pm CST

52. Do any of your friends have children?
Yes. Practically all of them.

53. Do you eat healthy?
I try to.

54. What do you usually do during the day?
Same thing I'm doing now -- goof around on my laptop. ;)

55. Do you hate anyone right now?
Hmm... I'm trying not to.

56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
Yes.

Number 57 ran off, too, eh...? Alrighty, here goes... 57. If you could go back and make a different choice at any one point in your life, knowing that it could change what you have in your life now if you did, would you?
There was once a time when I would've answered "yes" in a heartbeat. However, now that I have Super Boy, my answer is absolutely not. All my choices led me here, where I was meant to be.

58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
Thirty-five. But it's practically an entire year away, as I just turned 34 a few weeks ago.

59. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
God, no. I hate those kinds of places. Rollercoasters scare the piss out of me, and the crowds make me homicidal.

60. How did you get one of your scars?
My C-section with Super Boy. I wouldn't trade that scar for anything. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment