Friday, February 22, 2008

Addicted.

Alright, this is kinda lame, but I feel the need to tell you that I'm absolutely addicted to the show "Charmed." I'm watching it right now as I type this. I'm so ashamed...

I don't even know how it happened, since I'm really NOT a big t.v. watcher during the daytime. Truth is, I pretty much only watch it while making lunch and while preparing dinner. I know a lot of people joke about stay-at-home moms sitting on the couch watching t.v. and eating bon-bons all day, but that really isn't how I roll. After all, I hate soap operas and I have no clue what time Dr. Phil or Oprah are even on, much less on what channel.

Anyway, it all began last spring, when I was first at home with Super Boy and ended up catching a rerun of "Charmed" on TNT. I think I might've left the t.v. on after making lunch one day because I was either baking or cleaning in the kitchen and wanted the background noise. Next thing I knew, I was sitting and watching the t.v. with rapt attention as Phoebe, Piper and Paige kicked a little demon ass. And I was totally hooked.

I never saw the show when it was running on regular prime-time t.v., so the downside of watching it only in reruns is that the episodes I see are not even in normal, chronological order. But I don't care. I still must watch it. And I get very upset when TNT shows "Law & Order" reruns all afternoon instead of showing the two episodes of "Charmed" per afternoon that I've grown so accustomed to at 3:00 and 4:00pm. Seriously - it's a huge buzz kill.

I will admit that one (big) reason I kept coming back once I started watching "Charmed" is the presence of Julian McMahon in several of the episodes; he plays Cole, Phoebe's demon lover/husband. I happen to be a huge "Nip/Tuck" fan, and Julian McMahon plays crazy-sexy plastic surgeon Christian Troy, MD, on the show, so when I saw him on "Charmed" I had to keep coming back in case he was on again. To my delight, he was apparently a pretty regular character on the show, until he was killed off by Phoebe (at which point I bawled like a baby. That heartless witch...). Other people don't seem to share my attraction to Julian McMahon, and I just don't get it. He's completely sexy in that tall, dark and smoldering handsome way. His eyes are intense, his voice makes me weak-kneed, and the whole way he carries himself is just a little too much for me to take. He's my big celeb crush and has been for, like, the past three years. I think if I ever met him I'd actually turn into a pile of goo right there on the spot. Well, that or I'd do things to him that Super Man wouldn't like much. But I think the goo scenario would be far more likely anyway.

Okay, so back to "Charmed." I know it's cheesy. I know the special effects suck. I know that Alyssa Milano and Rose McGowan are D-list Hollywood actresses (although I really like Holly Marie Combs). I don't care. I still love it.

So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment