Saturday, April 12, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes...

To follow is a conversation that Super Boy and I had in my mommy mobile minivan whilst following behind Super Man to drop his truck off at the brake shop earlier this morning...

Super Boy: Mommy, Daddy's right in front of us! Can you see him?

Me: Yes, honey - I'm driving, remember? Of course I can see that he's right in front of us.

Super Boy: No, Mom - I mean can you actually see Daddy in his truck?

Me: Well, no, because we're behind him.

Super Boy: I know. (Long pause.) Oh, and Mom?

Me: Yes, baby?

Super Boy: Remember that it's Daddy up ahead of us, not a dipwad.

(Sounds of me choking on my spit as I bust out laughing.)

Me: What did you just say?

Super Boy: That's Daddy in front of us, not a dipwad!

Me: Why did you just say that?

Super Boy: Because you call other drivers dipwads a lot.

(I look at him in my conversation mirror and he has a very earnest and sincere look of concern on his face.)

Me (aka: Bad Mommy): Hmmm... That's not very nice, is it?

Super Boy: No, it's not. You shouldn't call people names.

Me: You're absolutely right. I'm sorry. I'll try to be better about not doing that anymore.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Huh. Imagine learning a lesson like that from your four-year-old... Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment