Friday, April 18, 2008

Totally Pap-tastic!

WaHOO!!

Earlier today - right after I sat outside cursing under my breath after calling my OB-GYN's office at 3pm only to learn that her office closes at 1:30 on Fridays - I came in, wrestled a mailbox full o' mail out of the box and into the house and started to weed out the junk mail, I saw a beautiful thing: A postcard from my OB-GYN's office.

And why would I find that beautiful, you might ask? Well. Because they only send the postcard if the Pap is normal. That's why!

A tidal wave of relief washed over me. I was really getting anxious about the whole thing, hoping that it would come back fine this time, especially since we've kicked up our baby-making efforts a notch this month and I don't want ANYTHING interfering with our chances of getting pregnant. Although my doctor kept saying that she didn't think the abnormal Pap thing had any bearing on my getting pregnant, who really knows?

I have to go back for another follow-up Pap in July, which was already scheduled as my annual Pap, so if that one comes back clean then I think I'm back on the annual rotation and don't have to keep having my cervix tortured every four to five months.

Yippeee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment