Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Scary Hairy Stuff

I am soooo sick of my hair.

I'm equally sick of my chicken-shit attitude towards making BIG changes when it comes to my hair.

Oh, I'll change the color, but even there I tend to play it pretty safe. I've done red, auburn, dark brown and all manner of blonde highlights and lowlights, often within months of each other. Nothing too crazy though. No pinks, blacks, platinum blondes. Not for this thirtysomething suburban mom, no sirree!

No, it's cutting any significant amount of my hair that really sends me into full-blown panic mode. Sure, I'll look at magazines and website for hairstyle ideas, and I'll gaze longingly at the pictures of super cute short-medium hairstyles, looking all sassy and fun. I've even gone so far as to bring pictures in to my stylist and boldly declare that THIS is the day I'm making the change... only to wimp out once she starts fingering my long tresses. And then I end up having her do "just a trim."

Well. That's all going to end today.

I'm putting my proverbial foot down and sticking by my decision to CUT MY HAIR into one of those cute short-medium hairstyles. I want to be sassy, too, and it's about damn time! So there! HA!

I mean, really - WHAT is my problem??? Hair grows back! I should know this, since that certainly hasn't been a problem on my legs!

Sure, it might take a few months... or a year or more... to grow it totally back out if I don't like it.

But - so what? It's just HAIR. It's one of the easiest things in the world to change. Like painting a room; if you decide you don't like the color, you just paint it another color. With my hair, if I decide I don't like the cut, I can always get a different cut.

But... hm. Well, I guess it's NOT the same as repainting a wall because I can't just "go back" to having long hair if I hate having short hair. No, it'll take months of patience (something I lack in abundance), especially when the style goes through that icky in-between phase.

Hm.

A trim isn't sounding so bad after all...

Wait - No. NO! This is what I always do, and I'm NOT doing it today. It is time for a change.

Life's too short to have the same hairstyle for years on end. We change, our personalities change - and our hairstyles should reflect our inner selves. And my inner self feels bold and sassy. HA!

Done. It's comin' off.

(Ack. ACK!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment