Monday, November 24, 2008

I (heart) Burt's Bees!

Awhile back, I shared this little story with all of you, lamenting my adult skin issues. I mentioned in that post that I had just started to use Burt's Bees skincare products, and I really liked the results up to that point. I also promised to update at a later time to tell you if I was still singing the praises of Burt's Bees.

Well, here's your answer: YES, I AM!

I've been using the Garden Tomato Complexion Soap and Garden Tomato Toner every day, twice per day, since July. That was all I needed to get my skin blissfully clean while also keeping it well-balanced and clear.



Once the dryer days of fall set in, I purchased one of the Burt's Bees moisturizers, the Beeswax Moisturizing Day Creme.


Now, I did this with some very real hesitation, because adding a moisturizer - any moisturizer - to my oily skin sometimes ends very, very badly for me! Thankfully, I was pleasantly surprised to find that this moisturizer is just as light and clean as the complexion soap and toner, and they make my skin feel gorgeous without feeling goopy or sticky.

While I still get the occasional blemish (still mostly around my period), they're generally small and they heal very quickly and easily, completely unlike the large, inflamed, painful blemishes I was experiencing prior to starting this skincare regimen.

I love that these products are almost entirely natural; in fact, if you check out the links to the products I've been using (above), you'll see that Burt's Bees actually lists how much of the product is natural, and the three that I'm currently using are over 95% natural, which I LOVE. I really think using more natural products is what has made the difference for me. So many of the other acne skincare lines are full of chemicals and harsh components, which were only exacerbating my skin problems. These feel very light, gentle and fresh, and leave my skin feeling like a million bucks.

The price is also right: I spend roughly 1/3 of what I used to spend on skincare products that only seemed to make my skin worse, and I'm going through the Burt's Bees products less often than the old products I used, so I'm saving even more by not having to replenish my supply as often. It's GREAT!

So your old pal Super Woman is giving the Burt's Bees skincare products DOUBLE thumbs up. If your skin is sensitive, easily irritated, and problematic, I really encourage you to try Burt's Bees products for a month to see if they'll make your skin look and feel better, too. Even if you DON'T have problem skin, Burt's Bees offers a wide range of skincare and other products that will no doubt work wonders, too.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment