Wednesday, January 28, 2009

"On the eve of this historic event..."

Just kiddin'. :)

I'm such a joker!

In all seriousness, this is the eve of an historic event for me.

Tomorrow is my birthday. My 35th birthday.

Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday to me,
Happy birthday, dearest darling meeeeeeeee......
Happy birthday to me!

I'm totally cool with turning 35. I really and truly am.

In fact, I'm GRATEFUL to be turning 35. I think of all the people I've known or heard of through family or friends (or strangers) who were NOT fortunate enough to live to this age, and I think about the health scares I've had in the past few years, and I truly get how blessed I am just for being alive.

Have I achieved everything I wanted to achieve by 35? Hm.

No, probably not.

But that's okay.

Speaking of, that's a topic I'm going to explore at some point in the coming days. A few months back, an old high school friend of mine created a list of 35 things she wanted to accomplish in her 35th year and posted it on her Facebook page, and it inspired me to give some thought to that, as well.

It really seemed appropo to me to spend some time pondering that subject at this stage in my life, considering that this could very well be a mid-way point for me (though I hope it's not!). Still, you never know.

A few things I know will be on that list, off the top of my head and in no particular order...

* learn Italian

* take a photography class

* finish my book

* learn a new instrument (violin, guitar and piano are all on my short list - I already know how to play the flute & piccolo)

Anyway. So, yeah. I'm turning 35 tomorrow.

Life is good.

Lots of love to you all, readers!!

SW

No comments:

Post a Comment