Thursday, May 21, 2009

So Disorganized...

Ack. Ack! ACK!!!

I feel like a chicken with my head cut off this week.

It's not that I've had a lot of scheduled obligations for the week. Matter of fact, this week was actually quite light on those, for a change.

No, what's got my feathers ruffled is the next 3 days of life in the Super Family's household and all I've had to do this week (and didn't necessarily get to) to prepare for the next 3 days!

For starters, this afternoon (in less than 2 hours, actually) is my long-awaited appointment with my new cardiologist/electrophysiologist. Can you say "nervous?"

Say it again, just for good measure.

I'm just nervous, though - not actually scared. If what I have is the thing my internist thinks I have - SVT - it's not life-threatening. It's just a big pain in the ass. And, really, I need to get the situation under control, so I'm actually looking forward to (a) knowing what it is that's causing the funky heart fluttering and (b) figuring out the best way to treat it so I can get on with my normal activities without freaking out that I'm going to pass out AND so that I can continue to pursue getting pregnant. I'll update later today or sometime in the next few days with the outcome of today's appointment.

Today and tonight, I must clean my house. I HATE cleaning my house, but I love how it looks and feels when it's done. And with company coming (see below), it's a "must do" at this point. I also have to do laundry. Again. (Isn't that always the case?) Oh - and I have to make cupcakes for Super Boy to bring in to class, since he's celebrating his birthday with his classmates tomorrow (his actual 6th birthday is on Saturday).

Tomorrow, I'm helping out twice at Super Boy's school: In his classroom for a few hours in the morning, and then in the library in the early afternoon. I'm also picking up Super Girl in the later afternoon, and my in-laws are expected to arrive at some point tomorrow, as well.

Which reminds me, I hope I don't have to cook dinner tomorrow... Just sayin'.

Saturday is THE big day for Super Boy: His actual 6th birthday, and his birthday party! He's having his party at an awesome local movie theater, for a private showing of "Night at the Museum II" during which we'll enjoy pizza, popcorn, soda and Super Boy's Baskin-Robbins ice cream cake. MMmmm.

The icing on my proverbial cake, however, is that I'm coming down with a cold. A super friend and I babysat another super friend's twins on Sunday night, and both boys were sick with colds, so presumably the sweet little honeys were the source of my infection. No hard feelings though - they're too darn adorable and wonderful to hold a grudge against. ;) In any case, I'd be really happy if someone could figure out a way for me to remove my nose from my face for the next few days so it can get on with this cold while I get through all the stuff I've got to get done!

I love this time of year, especially Super Boy's birthday. But it's always a little bittersweet. I still remember the feel of his big bowling ball body rolling around inside my belly like it was just yesterday, and that sensory memory simply doesn't jive with the tall, sturdy, beautiful boy with a headful of gorgeous curls who stands waist-high beside me today, plays soccer and shoots baskets and swims like a fish, calls girls "hot," and has friends sleep over. I find myself asking over and over again WHERE did my baby go???

Now, excuse me while I go find my head and get back to the regularly scheduled programming...

No comments:

Post a Comment