Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Ah, summer....

I love summer. I ADORE summer. I actually spend the other many loooonnnngggg - and, sadly, COLD - months of the year impatiently waiting for summer to come around.

But... when it's actually here, I sometimes find myself unmotivated to find new and exciting ways to enjoy it.

Heck, sometimes I even find myself unmotivated to find basic, SIMPLE ways to enjoy it.

Yesterday, for example. It was a beautiful day - mid-70s temps, blue skies with the occasional passing cloud. A perfect summer day, in other words. Want to know what Super Boy and I did?

N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

Yep, that's right - NOTHING!

I felt really agitated about that, but at the same time, I wasn't agitated enough to change it.

For starters, we had a busy weekend with lots of running around, so I think we were both a little bit pooped and in need of a day of rest. So, there was that.

Super Boy also had a headache during the day, and didn't feel like going to the park or on a long walk with the Super Dog, and I know how I feel when I have a headache, so I didn't push the issue.

The thing is, now the forecast for later this week is all RAIN and GLOOM, and I'm pissed at myself for squandering one perfect day yesterday knowing that THAT is what awaits us.

Our Wisconsin summer goes by way too fast, so I'm vowing - VOWING, people - to not let that kind of squandering happen again, unless it's intentional. Yesterday's squandering was more of an apathetic variety, and that's just not cool!

Off to wake the Super Boy, take a shower, eat breakfast and go enjoy the day!!

Your nutty pal,
SW

1 comment:

  1. Just goes to show you it depends on where you live. I live in the South and I HATE Summer. It has been in the high 90's and over 100 several times. The humidity is so bad that you sweat the minute you walk outdoors.

    It seems we go straight from Winter to Summer. In all fairness I don't think I could take your Winters either. If it would stay between 65-75 I would be happy.

    ReplyDelete