Wednesday, July 15, 2009

the best laid plans

Yesterday, I thought about how nice it would be to go to the beach with Super Boy today, since he's been wanting to go swimming for the past few days but I had too much to do for us to be able to go.

Anyway, I looked at today's weather forecast yesterday, thinking perhaps we could do it today. I was delighted at what I saw: "partly cloudy and 86." Perfect for a day at the beach, right?

So then I woke up this morning to find cloudy, gray skies and wet.

...What?? Where's my "partly cloudy skies?" Where's the sun!?!?

grumble, grumble, grumble

Maybe the sun will decide to stop by later on and we can just make it a half-day at the beach instead...?

Or maybe we'll just have to go tomorrow or Friday. That is, if I can have a shred of hope that the forecasts for either of those days will be accurate.

Not bloody likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment