Tuesday, March 9, 2010

attempting haiku

I have a friend who is a brilliant but as yet largely undiscovered writer who has this blog, done all in haiku form. I've always enjoyed the haiku style, but I have to admit that I haven't written a haiku myself since a high school writing class.

That said, I so enjoy reading my friend's blog that I've decided to attempt writing some myself. So.... here goes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disappointment reigns
Expect diff'rent behavior
Some things never change


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How will she make it
When no one is there to push?
Bad habits are learned


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No one is perfect
Sometimes we do stupid things
Thank God for mercy


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So sweet is my boy
Precious face, heart, innocence
Bittersweet; he grows


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ten years! How did we
make it this long? I don't know.
But I'm glad we did!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That was fun! :)

SW

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the plug, SW. I'm also on Twitter @cellphonehaiku if anyone wants to get my daily haikus that way.

    ReplyDelete