Tuesday, September 14, 2010

funny kid

As Super Boy and I were brushing our teeth before bed last night, he looked at me in the mirror and - after spitting out his toothpase - said, "Mom... I can't believe you're in your thirties."

Me: "Oh, really? Why do you say that?"

Super Boy: "Because you look more like, um, 39 or 40." (Note: I'm 36.)

Me: "Dude! Thanks a lot!"

Super Boy: "What?? At least I didn't say you look like a man!"

Me: "And this should be a consolation becaaaauuuuuuuse....?"

Super Boy: "Because you DON'T look like a man -- you look like a girl!"

Me: "Gee, thanks."

Super Boy: "Well, at least you don't look as old as your mom."

Me: "Oooooo, I'm TOTALLY telling Grandma you said that! Your Super Cousin is going to be her new favorite grandson now."

Super Boy: "NO! Don't you DARE tell Grandma I said that! I'll give you THREE DOLLARS if you PINKY PROMISE not to tell her!"

Me: "Dude, you don't HAVE three dollars. I'm totally telling Grandma."

Super Boy: "All I was saying is that you're old but you don't look like a boy - that's a GOOD thing, Mom."

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment